Sunday, February 08, 2015

a kiss over coffee

me and him lock eyes and he was using his eyes to interrogate me
And he breaks the stare, looks down at my lips, the choice is made.  Now in this moment there were two options, take things slow and back away or just take the leap and follow my gut.  I followed my gut feeling and commited to the one thing i was in control of.  In this split second in time, his lips touched mine and the whole world around me is muted.  The music playing, the smell of coffee, the noise of the traffic, all senses obliterated by one touch.  It was as if the world is on delay for this kiss.  Damn.  His lips, soft and so harmless.  My stomach doing backflips and my hands lingering in his hair as it loosened and our breathing heightened, then trying to comprehend this rush of emotion, experiencing his taste.  My heart stopped for a fraction of a second, colliding with my thoughts and telling me this cannot be real.  I felt sparks, heat but yet naturality. The normality of the kiss is what set me aback, confused.  He just felt like mine, he felt like my cliché.

No comments:

Post a Comment